The Club was founded on 22nd May 1940 when a group of collectors met in Sydney under the chairmanship of Mr Whitsed Dovey to form 'The Commonwealth Specialists' and Philatelic Stationery Club'. The present name was adopted in 1958. Meetings were held in various venues until 1978, when Philas House was opened and where all monthly meetings have since been held. Soon after the establishment of Philas House, the Club's library was incorporated into the Philas Library.
The scope of the Club's interests covers all aspects of Australian Commonwealth philately, including its Territories. It's membership is worldwide and has included many of the most prominent Commonwealth collectors over the years. The Club's journal (the Bulletin) has been published continuously since 1962 and contains a wealth of information and research. In addition, several specialised monographs have been published.
New members are welcomed. Please click here to see the benefits on membership and for an application form.